Tuesday, 29 April 2014
01. Apvita Queen Bee Anti-Wrinkle and Restoring Eye Cream, $79.90 - Yep that is a mouthful. And a walletful. I've always been on the fence in terms of the necessities of eye creams but this little bottle turned that around. My eye bags (thanks allergies!) have been quite pronounced and fine wrinkles have developed (seriously, help) but this stuff has really tightened my eye area up and perfectly preps for makeup! Love!
02. Chanel Coco Rouge Lipstick #57 Mystique, $50 - After finding out Emilia Clarke (Daenerys from Game of Thrones, anyone?) was wearing this shade in a photograph I immediately went to the David Jones counter and got this. And I have been wearing it everyday, ever since. Seriously. This is a really flattering peachy pink shade, the perfect nude / neutral lip for anyone with olive skin. My go to for a natural look, I'm absolutely in love with this shade.
03. Aesop Amazing Face Cleanser, $31 - For oily skin, I have been using this as a first step cleanser to remove excess makeup. You only need a really small amount of this stuff. It leaves my skin clean without a tight feeling. Featuring mandarin infusion with bitter orange extract, this smells heavenly!
04. Kosmea Australia Rescue Balm, $29.95 - Best.lip.balm.ever. I cannot get enough of this stuff. Packed full of antioxidants and vitamins, this Australian natural skin care (winning!) product is a multi-tasker to rescue, soothe and protect lips. My combination skin finds this too terrifying to put directly on my face but my lips thank me. Smooth and hydrate lips before apply lipstick or slather on overnight.
05. The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil, $26.95 - My first cleansing oil, thanks to the suggestion of the goddess that is Caroline Hirons and my absolute favourite purchase of the month. Beautiful camomile scent, this stuff is so comforting to put on. Gently removes makeup and leaves my skin radiantly clean. I even use this when I haven't worn makeup, it's just that luxurious.
06. Jurlique Intense Recovery Mask, $80 - Anyone suffer from those annoying small bumps under your skin? I do. This mask is the only mask I've found so far to reduce and banish them. In the morning, my face is so much smoother, pimples have reduced in size and redness or gone completely. Seriously. This stuff...I just can't praise it enough. Repurchasing for a long time to come.
What are some of your April favourites?
So far I am loving the luxurious glow that both the Rose Facial and Good Genes treatments have given me. They both absorb beautifully and my skin definitely looks clearer. The jury is still out with the Artemis Oil but I need to give it a few more weeks to be sure. Stay turned for the reviews!
What products are you currently trying?